Ten ways you can improve your mental health today
In support of Mental Health Awareness Week 2019, here are some great tips on how you can improve your mental health today.
- Try to eat a well balanced diet throughout the day.
- Take a break from technology. Switch off from social media.
- Engage in some fun exercise for 30 minutes. It is great for boosting your mood and reducing anxiety.
- If you are feeling anxious or low, speaking to a friend or family member about how you are feeling.
- Write down three good things you have achieved today.
- Make sure you are getting a good nights sleep.
- Practice some self care. Take a break, have a bath or go for a walk. Do something for yourself.
- Engage in some deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation.
- Challenge your negative throughout in a thought diary.
- Stay in the present moment and focus on one thing at a time.
We have specialist staff to support our students who may be experiencing feeling down. Click here to go to our Mental Health Awareness Week page with a list of all staff names and where they are located and also external organisations who can help.