Ten tips to manage your worrying
In support of Mental Health Awareness Week 2019, here are some great tips on how to help you manage your worrying.
- Keep a worry diary.
- Take a moment to pause and breath.
- Try and challenge negative beliefs.
- Learn to problem solve effectively.
- Become an expert at recognising your worries.
- Give yourself time to worry. Allocate ‘worry time’ in your day.
- Try and keep things in perspective.
- If you are struggling ask for help, talk to someone.
- Stay in the moment.
- Ask yourself: what is the evidence that this thought is true?
We have specialist staff to support our students who may be experiencing feeling down. Click here to go to our Mental Health Awareness Week page with a list of all staff names and where they are located and also external organisations who can help.