|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|September||1 Year||TBC||Part-Time - Day||Ashington Main Campus||University Level Qualification|
This course is suited to any person wishing to work, or already working, with children and/or young people with a desire to study at a higher level. It is delivered ove ra one year period from both the Ashington and Berwick campuses at level 4; students who successfully complete will be awarded a Certificate of Higher Education in Working with Children and Families through the University of Cumbria. Success at this stage will entitle you to apply for a further one year study route to achieve a Foundation Degree Working with Children and Families and subsequently a BA (Hons) Working with Children and Families following a third and final year of study, if desired. The course is broad and sufficiently flexible to meet varying professional specialisms/age range preferences and allows for progression to further study in areas such as teaching and social work.
You should have a suitable level 3 qualification as well as GCSE English and maths qualifications grade 4 or above or equivalent level 2 qualifications (non-traditional students without formal entry requirements but with extensive professional experience will be considered on an individual basis).
If you are not already employed within the sector, there is an expectation that you must undertake a voluntary work based placement.
You must have a satisfactory DBS clearance and a statement of support from previous training organisation if applicable.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||3800.00 *subject to change||Stationery, books/resources, printing costs.|
All teaching will take place in the classroom environment, but you will be expected to use your experience within the workplace to inform your learning. Throughout your programme of study, you will be required to complete assessments to demonstrate your learning of subject knowledge and transferable key skills. You will experience a range of different types of assessment during your programme which will include some of the following:
• Case studies
• Literature reviews
• Group work
• Multiple choice questions
This programme is a University of Cumbria programme. We work with the university and partner colleges to deliver this programme.
We also work in partnership with various early years, education, health and social settings within the local area.
University of Cumbria
This programme has a number of distinguishing features including: an emphasis on interdisciplinary working; employability; internationalisation; research skills and social justice. The course will:
- Provide a supportive and responsive learning environment that will enable students with different experiences to develop a flexible and transferable skill set
- Engage students with a variety of learning experiences that build on skills and knowledge at each of the three levels of the programme to facilitate the development of a critical understanding of the children’s workforce and social care settings
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to work in integrated practice settings across the children’s workforce and social care settings
- Confidently engage with and support the development of children, young people, families and communities
- Plan, deliver and evaluate projects and interventions that support social action and social justice
- Understand and locate themselves within the local, national and global children’s workforce and social care settings.
You will study six modules which include:
- Perspectives in Human Development
- Professional Skills with Children, Young People, Families and Communities
- Social and Political Influences on Policy and Practice
- Play and Creative Development in Diverse Contexts
- Cultural and Historical Influences on Children, Young People and Families
- An Introduction to Practitioner Research
University of Cumbria
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.
Northumberland College has celebrated the completion of its inspirational new build learning environment for students with SEND
September 27, 2021
Inspirational learning environment nominated for a prestigious regional construction award
August 11, 2021
Northumberland College students are celebrating a bright future after receiving their BTEC qualification results today.
August 10, 2021