|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|15/09/2020||1 Year||3||Full-Time||Ashington Main Campus||Full-time Vocational|
This course will develop your practical skills and knowledge for a career in the catering industry. It will also give you the opportunity to gain additional qualifications to help you in your career.
You should have at least 4 GCSE's grades 4/3 or C/D including English, maths or a Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or two years relevant industrial experience.
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 5 is required.
There are online examinations but you must demonstrate practical competence through practical externally assessed exams and the completion of assignments throughout the year based around live industry based projects.
Learning methods include:
- practical classes in our skills kitchen
- group based activities
- private study
- demonstrations / industry visits
- industry placement one day a week for 8 months
English and maths are important life skills that will help you to achieve your best in your studies and progress to your dream career. If you have not already achieved grade 9-4 in GCSE maths and/ or English at school, we will support you to improve your skills.
You will be required to take part in an industry placement one day a week for 8 months.
City and Guilds
- Students must have full uniform including a suitable knife set, at the start of the Academic year
- Due to food safety and awarding body requirements during practical sessions all students must remove all visible jewellery, including facial piercing and keep nails short and polish free
- Wear professional dress for practical sessions
- Have full dexterity and have a good standard of personal hygiene
- To be able to stand for long periods of time (support arrangements can be put in place if required)
- Be able to communicate and work effectively with others
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.
Northumberland College has launched a range of new engineering and employability courses to meet skills needs in the North East.
August 12, 2020
A popular Northumberland zoo is reopening to the public this weekend with a new name and animals among a host of exciting changes
July 15, 2020
Students and staff at Kirkley Hall Campus are celebrating an outstanding 100% pass rate in equine exams for the third year running.
June 10, 2020