|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|28/09/2020||1 Year||4||Full-Time||Ashington Main Campus||University Level Qualification|
HNC in Healthcare Practice is designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in healthcare practice or related fields, widening access to education and aimed at students who want to continue their education through applied learning, using real-life work experience to support academic learning. It develops students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the healthcare sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
On entry to the programme you will have a relevant level 3 qualification e.g. a BTEC National Diploma, VRQ , Access to HE or an A-Level equivalent, and work experience within a health and social care environment - this should be equivalent to 48 UCAS points.
Maths and English - grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) and effective communcation is essential. You must also hold a valid enhanced DBS clearance.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||please enquire||You will need to provide your own stationery and you will be given the opportunity to take part in trips and visits.|
|HE||6150.00||You will need to provide your own stationery and you will be given the opportunity to take part in trips and visits.|
Teaching and learning methods will include:
- Classroom-based learning
- Work-based learning
- E-learning supervised by a tutor
A range of assessment will be used including written reports, seminars, presentations, peer work and evidence from your work placement. There are no exams. Resources and information will be available on our virtual learning environment (VLE) which will support independent study and blended learning tasks.
You must complete 225 hours in any health and/or social care setting providing direct care to service users. This can be a place of work or voluntary placement. You will also complete a Professional Learning and Development portfolio (PLAD).
A mandatory work placement will fully support academic study, in addition to this we aim to work with employers and community provision to offer a range of expereinces.
This may include:
- Field trips to local healthcare and social care settings, including community-based provision
- Inviting local health and social care employers, service users and deliverers to present guest lectures
- Using employers to judge the quality of assessed presentations and/or products
The aim of the course is:
- To equip students with the Healthcare Practice skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global health and social care environment.
- To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within the healthcare sector.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in healthcare, or progress to higher education and develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary health and care issues facing the sector, and society at large.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification within their chosen area of specialisation.
A range of modules will be studied on the programme including:
- Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care
- Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care Practice
- Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
- Fundamentals of Evidence-based Practice
- Effective Reporting and Record-keeping in Health and Social Care Services
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.
Northumberland College has launched a range of new engineering and employability courses to meet skills needs in the North East.
August 12, 2020
A specialist team at Northumberland College is providing mental health support to its students and addressing the growing challenges of the COVID-19
A popular Northumberland zoo is reopening to the public this weekend with a new name and animals among a host of exciting changes
July 15, 2020