Will 2 Win - Apprenticeship in Equine Groom - Level 2 or 3 (Ref: VAC001528278 )
Salary: £3.90 per hour (30 hours per week) = £117.00 per weekClosing Date: 13 May 2019Hours: 30 hours per week (this may involve weekend work)
Will 2 Win/Philippa McKeever (Curry)
Stampley Moss Farm, Blaydon-On-Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE21 6LB
Employer Description: Philippa the owner of Will 2 Win is a British Show Jumping Level 4 Coach/Tutor. She competes all over the UK and has competed internationally and In 2013 she was the British Show Jumping Coach of the year
Will 2 Win provides show jumping coaching & horse training competing with between 5 to 8 horses.
Competition and stable groom, daily yard duties both at home and away.
Training to be provided:
- Equine Groom Level 2 or Senior Equine Groom Level 3 (depending on previous qualifications)
- In house training with employer
- Functional skills if required
Vacancy full description:
- Mucking out
- Tack cleaning
- Preparing horses for competition
- On floor assistant to Stable Jockey
- Travelling to race competitions
- Care of horses after exercise
- Must have a passion for horses
- Calm nature
- Able to handle fit competition horses
- Able to take direction and follow instructions
- Experience of yard duties
- Good time keeper
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Motivated for a career with horses
- Empathy with horses
- Tidy in work and appearance
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
Future prospects: Will 2 win has contacts throughout Europe and the USA to place employee’s in future positions abroad if required.
- It is important that you are able to get to the Farm on a daily basis via public transport or by car and also our Kirkley Hall campus in Ponteland, Northumberland..
- Sometimes you will be travelling to competitions so you may be staying overnight.
- Physically demanding job
- Working in the outdoors in all weathers
- Must have good attendance as these are animals and rely on human care
- Must be able to get to place of work
- Possibility of having your own horse in livery onsite.
Additional Important Information: There is caravan accommodation available on site which can be used by the Apprentice if they would like to live on site.