Reporting to the UK Customer Services Manager, the apprentice will be part of a multi-skilled team responsible for supporting the full customer journey. This will entail processing and entering orders, handling enquiries and providing a full after sales service to customers and consumers.
Education, skills and experience:
- Computer literate, conversant with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience of using databases.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and proactively as part of a team and autonomously using initiative where required.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with customers and our field-based sales team.
- A fast learner, keen to learn and able to work well in a fast-paced environment without compromising on quality.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with good attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a high level of commitment to the customer.
- The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, tenacity and willingness for continuous improvement and learning.
- Must be smart, presentable and professional, being always an ambassador for the largest global fishing tackle business.
- Knowledge of the fishing tackle industry and products would be highly desirable but not essential as product training will be provided.
Excellent communication and listening skills, able to work as part of a team, willing to learn
- GCSE level in Maths and English is required, ideally at Grade B or above.
- A Level in a relevant subject e.g. Business Studies would be advantageous, but not essential.
At the end of the apprentice scheme, there may be opportunities for a permanent position
There will be long periods of working in front of a computer in an Office environment
Earn while you learn. What's not to like about earning money while learning on-the-job, and getting nationally recognised qualifications all at the same time.
Wide choice of careers. We are one of the biggest apprenticeship providers in the region and offer over 40 apprenticeship programmes in lots of career sectors.
Get paid. You will earn at least the minimum apprentice wage of £4.15 an hour (from April 2020 – aged 16-18).
Great support. You will get the best of both worlds with support from your employer and college to make sure you achieve and get the best out of your apprenticeship.
Excellent prospects. Starting in the workplace means there is lots of potential for you to progress quickly, giving you a fast track route to career success.
A competitive edge. An apprenticeship will give you the edge when competing for jobs against other well-qualified candidates.
Get hired. The qualifications, skills and experience you gain will look super impressive on your CV and your apprenticeship could even turn into a full time job.
An alternative to university. Higher apprenticeships mean that you can become qualified to degree level and beyond.
Gain skills. Not only will you develop job specific skills, you will gain transferable skills, such as time management, that you can use in other industries and careers.
Real job. You will be doing a real job for a real employer and putting your skills and knowledge into practice will show employers what you are capable of.
Northumberland College has celebrated the completion of its inspirational new build learning environment for students with SEND
September 27, 2021
Inspirational learning environment nominated for a prestigious regional construction award
August 11, 2021
Northumberland College students are celebrating a bright future after receiving their BTEC qualification results today.
August 10, 2021