Northumberland College has a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to work as part of the Front of House Team to provide efficient and effective customer focussed administration and front of house services to the College.
- Ability to manage own time to ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Ability to develop people skills to communicate face to face, over the phone or via email
- Understanding of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Outgoing, hardworking and be able to demonstrate a practical can-do approach to the way you work
- A positive attitude and the ability to work using own initiative
- Fast learning, hardworking, with an attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence in dealing with clients of all types
- GCSE Maths at C/4 and above or equivalent
- GCSE English C/4 and above or equivalent
- ICT qualification C/4 and above or equivalent (or willing to work towards)
This is an exciting opportunity for entry into the administration profession and it will give you a broad range of skills. You will be outgoing, hardworking and be able to demonstrate a practical can-do approach to the way you work.
- DBS check carried out on appointment.
- Candidates will be expected to bring reference details.
This role may involve long periods working at a computer.
You will be working on a rota between 2 Campuses:
- Ashington Campus (College Road, Ashington, NE63 9RG)
- Kirkley Hall Campus (Ponteland, NE20 0AQ).
Public transport is limited (X79 only) to Kirkley Hall so access to personal transport will be required.
Earn while you learn. What's not to like about earning money while learning on-the-job, and getting nationally recognised qualifications all at the same time.
Wide choice of careers. We are one of the biggest apprenticeship providers in the region and offer over 40 apprenticeship programmes in lots of career sectors.
Get paid. You will earn at least the minimum apprentice wage of £4.15 an hour (from April 2020 – aged 16-18).
Great support. You will get the best of both worlds with support from your employer and college to make sure you achieve and get the best out of your apprenticeship.
Excellent prospects. Starting in the workplace means there is lots of potential for you to progress quickly, giving you a fast track route to career success.
A competitive edge. An apprenticeship will give you the edge when competing for jobs against other well-qualified candidates.
Get hired. The qualifications, skills and experience you gain will look super impressive on your CV and your apprenticeship could even turn into a full time job.
An alternative to university. Higher apprenticeships mean that you can become qualified to degree level and beyond.
Gain skills. Not only will you develop job specific skills, you will gain transferable skills, such as time management, that you can use in other industries and careers.
Real job. You will be doing a real job for a real employer and putting your skills and knowledge into practice will show employers what you are capable of.
Northumberland College has celebrated the completion of its inspirational new build learning environment for students with SEND
September 27, 2021
Inspirational learning environment nominated for a prestigious regional construction award
August 11, 2021
Northumberland College students are celebrating a bright future after receiving their BTEC qualification results today.
August 10, 2021