Unique Magazines - Apprenticeship in Business Administration - Level 2 (Ref: VAC001561053 )
Salary: £3.90 per hourClosing Date: 06 Aug 2019Hours: 35 hours - 9am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday
Unique Magazines Ltd
Since 2002 Unique Magazines has been providing customers with access to thousands of popular and specialist magazines. Unique stock over 2000 magazines, newspapers and journals that are available for next day delivery from the warehouse. They also offer a digital subscription service with titles delivered direct to a tablet or mobile device.
A Business Administration Apprenticeship working for a magazine subscription company.
The Business Administrator is responsible for answering customer enquiries via the website, email, mail and telephone, ensuring issues are dealt with swiftly and in accordance with the Company Values and exceeding the customers’ expectations.
The role will include supporting and liaising with other departments within the company and working towards and achieving the goals of Unique Magazine.
The main function of the position
- Ensuring all enquiries are dealt with within appropriate time scales and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Log all enquiries
- Communicate courteously with customers and suppliers by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
- Investigate and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex or long – standing problems that have been passed on by other team members
- Liaising with publishers and 3rd parties either by telephone, email or face to face.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Greeting visitors and directing them to the appropriate member of staff
- Answering face-to-face enquiries and providing information when required
- Answering calls and relaying telephone messages, redirecting calls as appropriate
- Maintaining the general filing system and file all correspondence
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference calls
- Providing and sending out information
- Data input
- Sales and purchase order processing
- Scheduling appointments and making cancellations
- Maintaining client relationships
- Processing and delivering internal and external mail daily
- Ensuring that an adequate supply of stationary is available and re-ordering when necessary
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Providing refreshments for clients and visitors
- Performing other duties as required
- Performing other duties in accordance with business needs
- Role will also include supporting distribution approx. 15 hours per week.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Liaising with customers via telephone, email and by letter
- Placing magazine orders externally
- Liaising with magazine fulfilment companies by telephone and email to check start and end dates of subscriptions
- Adding updated prices and visuals to website
- Updating and replying to customers via the email tracker
- Renewing customer magazine subscriptions
Interface with people and departments
- Web / IT
Reporting and liaising channel
- Office Manager
Opportunities for Personal DevelopmentThe objective of this is to ensure the ongoing development of the individual and to identify any areas of strength or weakness, which will support and develop the individual in their role within Unique.
- Team Meeting
- The Business Administrator will receive an annual appraisal, followed up with a six monthly review of their personal development plan (PDP).
- Attend meetings when requested
- To contribute to the development of the company
Future prospects: For the right candidate, progression within the company, full time employment.
Training to be provided:
Business Admin Level 2
- In house training with employer
- Functional skills if required
Qualifications required: Level 1 maths & English OR GCSE Grade D or above.
- A Level 1 in Business Admin would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office particularly the ability to use word and excel to an intermediate level
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload and to insure that deadlines are met
- Ability to establish basic facts/deal with simple queries appropriately either through phone calls or face to face contact
- a creative problem-solving approach and sound, logical decision-making skills;
- effective written and oral communication skills;
- basic numeracy skills
- self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Be patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Customer Care
- Self-development and learning
- Ability to think clearly
- Trust and integrity
- Can do attitude
Reality check: This can be a very busy and high pressured role, therefore attitude and behaviour is a key element for the successful candidate. You must be able to take instructions and act on them appropriately.
You will be required to work to the terms and conditions of your contract. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to grow with this company.