Oakdene Grange Farm -Stockperson (Agriculture) Level 2 – Standard Apprenticeship (Ref: VAC001507661)
Salary: £3.90 per hourClosing Date: 25 Apr 2019Hours: 30 hours per week
Oakdene Grange Farm
Oakdene Grange Farm in Longframlington, Morpeth is home to a purpose-built cutting shop, where his latest venture – the ‘box of lamb’ – is butchered. Rather than selling the lamb through farmers’ markets or shops, customers buy it straight from the farm gate. Oakdene Grange Farm is a 400-acre full-time mixed farm, which produces suckler cows, lamb and arable.
Oakdene Grange Farm is a 400 -acre full-time mixed farm with a suckler heard and ewe flock with small arable acres.
Training to be provided: Stockperson Level 2 Standard, Functional skills if required. Work place assessments and College attendance.
Vacancy full description:
- General farm work
- Checking stock
- Ewe and Ram husbandry
- Assist in shearing and fleece wrapping
- Lambing; rearing and hand feeding as necessary
- Castration and ringing lambs,
- feeding ewes and lambs and bedding when housed
- Cow, heifer and steer husbandry
- Recognising and treating cattle illnesses
- Assist in clipping for sale
- Feeding; bedding
- Calving; rearing and hand feeding as necessary
- Arable work
- Must enjoy working with animals
- Good timekeeping skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to undertake heavy physical work and work in all weathers
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Have previous experience working on a farm but be advantageous but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Professional approach
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes in working practices.
- Initiative Good organisational and time management skills
- Team Player
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
Career or training progression within the company
- Working in all weathers.
- Because of the location of the farm it would be advantageous if you were able to drive and have your own transport.
- You will also be required to attend our Kirkley Hall Campus in Ponteland one day a week.
- Longer working hours will be required at busier times of year i.e. Lambing/Silage/Harvest time.
- A DBS will be required.
- You will be required to do an initial assessment and diagnostic in Maths, English and ICT before you start your apprenticeship.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the link below: