Garden landscape and design, patios, decking, fencing, paving, turfing, lawns cut, general tidy up, rubbish removal. Trees pruned and felled.
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to complete a level 2 Arborist apprenticeship with a well-established specialist horticulture and arboriculture consultants based in the North East.
The successful candidate will be working alongside very experienced Tree surgeons learning to carry out all aspects Arborist work.
· Under supervision you will learn to:
· Prune, remove and maintain trees and vegetation
· Carry out site clearances
· Stump Grinding
· Felling trees
· Carry out Tree Crowning
· Operate chainsaws from a height
· Carry out all forms of tree work
· You will be trained to carry out work on the public highway
· You will learn to use machinery such as – Chipper, Chainsaw & Grinder
· You will carry logs and branches and process these through the chipper
· You will initially aid the climbers by filling the chainsaw’s and ensuring ropes are free of snags
· Liaise with clients and customers
· You will learn all aspects of tree work with the view to becoming a competent climber
· Learn to carry out Tree surveys
· Inspect tools and equipment used in forestry and grounds maintenance for safe condition and efficient operation and report any necessary repairs.
· Work on parks and open spaces learning to manually lead vehicles with logs and other materials, keeping work area clean and tidy as possible
· Under supervision you will eventually learn to operate mobile elevated working platforms
· Ensure the correct standard of the required PPE is worn and all personnel positively reflect the Company
· Provide assistance to all site personnel, whilst gaining practical site experience
· Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific Risk Assessment and Method Statements
· Ensure you have understood all site specific method statements and risk assessments
· Follow company procedures and adhere to company policies
· Identify and promote innovations in the work place
· Understanding a flexible approach to their work and willingness to learn and carry out multiple tasks across the business
· Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
· Effective time management between duties
· Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
You will carry out the work to the required standards with efficiency and quality expected by your supervisor (with support and training). You will be expected to work with in the terms and conditions of your contract of employment and adhere to company policies, procedures, instructions, values and behaviours.
Skills required: Understanding of the Arboriculture industry, Self-motivated Physically fit, Attention to detail, Practical thinker/nature, able to follow instructions, Communication with other, Works Accurately, ability to follow and work to plans, be able to work as part of a team, Ability to work with and understand units of measurement, Good hands on skills, manually dextrous,
Personal qualities: Passionate about Trees, Well spoken, Polite, Pro Active person, Attention to detail, Ability to work under pressure, Good team player, enthusiastic, outgoing, willing to learn, committed to completing the apprenticeship, a good work ethic & hard working, Tenacious and motivated. Good attitude towards learning from peers and clients is essential, adaptable
Good personality, Works well with others, Willingness to learn, ability to make decisions, willingness to work out doors in all weather.
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-E in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
Future prospects: Progression to level 3, Full time employment
Reality check: This is a very dangerous sector to be working in, therefore commitment to the role is essential. You need to be a very practical, health and safety minded person to carry out this type of work. You will be required to work to the terms and conditions of your contract. You may be required to work early morning, late evenings and weekend on occasion. This is a very busy, high pressured and physical role, therefore attitude and behaviour is a key element for the successful candidate. You must be able to take instructions and act on them appropriately.
Important Information: This is a very dangerous sector to be working in, therefore commitment to the role is essential. Successful candidates will be required to attend a pre-screen interview prior to being put forward to the employer.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the link below: