Felmoor Park - Apprenticeship in Commis Chef - Level 2 (Ref: VAC001520840)
Salary: £150 per weekClosing Date: 17 Apr 2019Hours: 30
Felmoor Park, Eshottheugh
Felmoor Park is a premier holiday park set in the natural beauty of the Northumbrian countryside. We offer seclusion and relaxation, but with the option of great communal facilities too, including walks around our lovely lake. The on-site café and bar offers a delicious coffee or a refreshing alcoholic drink.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and pro-active apprentice to learn, train and flourish in our newly established kitchen, serving meals and refreshments to guests.
Training to be provided: Level 2 Commis Chef, In-house Training with employer
Working week: 30 hours (including 1 x day college attendance). Between Monday and Sunday, shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage: £150.00 (30hrs x £5.00)
Vacancy full description: Joining our small but productive team you will work as part of our team to:
- Learn all aspects of food hygiene and health and safety within the establishment
- Assist Head Chef and Commis Chefs in preparing foods to order
- Check and use fresh food and vegetables in cooking
- Implement new skills and support in kitchen
- Monitor produce levels and ensure quality of produce, stock rotation, etc.
- Ensure the work and service area is clear, clean and tidy
- Work to deadlines, effectively and efficiently to deliver meals within timescales
- A basic understanding of food hygiene
- A genuine interest in cooking
- A pro-active and “willing to help” attitude
- Good team communication skills
- Able to take instruction and use initiative
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent personal hygiene standards
- Friendly and sociable
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
Future prospects: Progression to level 3, Full time employment
Reality check: Felmoor Park is situated just off the A1, south of Felton. Please check accessibility regarding public transport dependant on your home location. Own transport may be required. The hours of work may incorporate varied working shifts.
There is no age limit to this vacancy. Anyone from 16 years + can apply.