Cramlington Learning Village & Sporting Club - Grounds & Sports Pitches - Apprenticeship in Groundsperson - Level 2 (Ref: VAC001555668)
Salary: £3.90Closing Date: 23 Jul 2019Hours: 40
Secondary School with extensive sporting facilities that are used for both school and community sport
Contribute to the provision of an efficient and effective grounds maintenance service covering pitches and training areas for rugby, football, cricket and athletics. Includes 3G artificial pitch maintenance and care of gardens, hedges and trees.
Extensively in sports pitch preparation, grass cutting, line marking, aeration and 3G pitch care and maintenance. Training will be given in the use of specialist equipment machinery to fulfil the aims of the role.
Work as part of a team and under the general direction of a specialist operative or Team Leader:
- Provide an efficient and effective grounds-maintenance service to pre-determined standards and in accordance with predetermined schedules.
- Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Support the team to complete work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with the relevant risk assessment.
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools that are used are operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and any faults are reported.
- Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained
- To support the delivery of Physical Education by setting up and maintaining equipment and other resources.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
- Able to understand and follow straightforward spoken and written instructions.
- Able to keep basic work records.
- Strength, dexterity and co-ordination to deal with plant and operate equipment.
- Able to cope with the regular high level of physical demand.
- Able to maintain general awareness for safe working conditions with some periods of concentration.
- Regular contact with service users and the public which results in limited emotional demands.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Reliable and keeps good time.
- Demonstrates a real interest in obtaining a trade qualification.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds values and principles.
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work.
- Appropriately follows instructions to achieve set objectives.
- Works collaboratively to achieve team spirit.
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude.
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Career in sports pitch preparation, care and maintenance
- The post involves working outdoors in all weathers and duties can be physically demanding
The post will start in early September