Canine Camp Ltd - Animal Care Apprenticeship in North Shields - L2 or 3 depending on experience (Ref: VAC001537281 )
Salary: £3.90 per hour – 30 hours = £117 per weekClosing Date: 04 Jun 2019Hours: 30 hours per week
Canine Camp Ltd
Here at Canine Camp we are a Doggy Day Care Centre who pride ourselves on providing the utmost professional service for our dogs and their owners. Our goal is to create the safest place for dogs, not just a day care facility, but somewhere trustworthy - a truly unique environment where our pups can play and socialize with other dogs, get plenty of cuddles and also time to relax.
We have 3 purpose built pens providing plenty of toys and activities in all three pens to keep the dogs we look after happy as we know how important mental stimulation is as well as exercise. We understand that dogs are part of the family and love all canine camp dogs like our own. We are an extremely passionate team who are always watching over the dogs, interacting, playing and providing lots of cuddles.
Training to be provided:
- Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Level 2 or Animal Care Level 3 (depending on previous qualifications)
- Functional skills if required
- Onsite mentoring from the employer.
- Training at our Kirkley Hall Campus in Ponteland
We are looking for reliable and hard-working individual to join our team.
is really important to us you are dog lover and are keen to learn and develop.
Duties to include:
- Supervision of canine camp dogs
- Looking after the well-being of our dogs
- Monitoring dog behavior
- Providing lots of cuddles
- Ensuring that the pens are always clean – This is extremely important
- Feeding dogs, looking after any health issues
- Miscellaneous cleaning duties,
- Monitoring a dogs’ progress through the day. If they are happy or sad, do they mix with the other dogs, toilet duties, eating, sleeping and exercise – It is important to provide our customers with this information as it shows that their dogs are being fully looked after.
- Understanding a dogs needs and behavior
- Occasional reception and retail work
- Ensuring good customer service at all times.
- Seeing pets in and out of the premises will also be required.
- Must be able to travel to Kirkley Hall, Ponteland once a week via bus or by own transport.
- Must have a passion for dogs
- Must love all dogs
- Punctuality is a must
- General animal handling skills with the ability to be calm and confident around dogs
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Tidy appearance.
- Excellent customer service
- Have a compassionate nature
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Ability to cope with a physically demanding job
- Have great communication skills for working within a team
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be confident to interact with the public
- To be reliable
- Good time keeper
- Be able to work in a team
- To be confident around all animals.
Qualifications required: GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent). Functional skills will be undertaken at College by applicants without this qualification.
Future prospects: For the right candidate a full time position
Reality check: As well as looking after dogs you will be required to keep all areas clean and to clean up after the dogs. You will also be expected to work in all weathers and the job role is physically demanding.