Animal Care Apprenticeship - Level 2 or 3 depending on experience (Ref: 1483553)
Salary: £3.70 per hour - 30 hours per week = £111.00 per week Closing Date: 24 Dec 2018Hours: 30 hours per week (some weekend work may be required)
The Paw Pack
We offer a range of bespoke and reliable dog care services in Benton/Gosforth/Jesmond/Heaton/Wideopen and surrounding areas, all designed to help other devoted dog owners achieve a great ‘dog-life’ balance.
Dog Day Care
Our Paw Pack HQ is on Whitley Road, Benton where we have almost 8,000 square feet of inside and outside space, split between different ‘zones’ including:
- A designated‘Puppy Pod’which provides a tailored area for our puppies as they make the transition to normal daycare with the other dogs
- Two‘chill out’areas offering a quieter time for our dogs
- Two‘active’areas providing an amazing space for active play, which are fitted with fully shock absorbing safety flooring to ensure the health and safety of the dogs whilst playing.
- ‘Bumble’s Bar & Lounge’ area for a more chilled out environment for dogs and their owners
- A fully enclosed outside ‘adventure playground
- A spa area for grooming
- The interior has been designed to continue a ‘home from home’, offering lots of space and interactive equipment that will provide a fun and stimulating experience for the dogs.
- Pick up and drop off taxi service available
Walkies and Home Visits
We offer a flexible and reliable dog walking service in Gosforth and surrounding areas.
Pick up and drop off is included if required along with a towel dry, water top up and snuggle back in to bed!
We can also provide home visits for those first few weeks whilst your puppy is eagerly waiting to be able to explore the big wide world as well as poorly pooches who may be unable to go out as usual. During our visit we will give your puppy/dog the play or attention they require, let them out for the toilet and make sure that they have any food or medication they require. We will also help them make a start with their training and commands.
Dog Grooming and Pampering
We offer a range of dog grooming and pampering treatments.
We make sure that your dog not only looks (and smells) gorgeous; but that their grooming experience is positive, relaxing and an enriching experience all around.
We offer bathing, grooming, clipping, styling, nails trims (and we think some of the best fluff drys in the North East).
A taxi service to and from grooming is also available subject to location and at an additional charge.
Vacancy full description:
- Assist with supervision of our day-care dogs as required including play, additional walks, keeping owners updated, basic training, maintaining leadership & control and general cleaning, maintenance and administrative duties
- Pick up, drop off, and transport Paw Pack dogs safely using business vans and own vehicle if required
- Walk up to 6 dogs on group walks in ALL weather conditions. Walks can range from 30 mins— 1 hour.
- Maintain leadership and control on all walks
- Ensure all dog’s requirements are met and that they get love and attention
- At all times ensure the safety and security of Paw Pack dogs and also our clients homes and keys
- Attend team meetings and training as required
- Manage your own schedule via phone, e-mail and text messaging
- Take photos of dogs to provide to clients
- Communicate effectively with clients and schedule appointments
- Ensure all our clients are updated on their dog’s day through the use of social media, WhatsApp and other photo messaging devices
- Act as a brand ambassador and assist with business development including marketing, social media, client relations etc
Future prospects: For the right candidate progression within the company
Training to be provided:
Animal Care STANDARD Apprenticeship – Level 2 or 3 depending on experience
- In house training with employer
- Functional skills if required
Qualifications required: Level 2 maths & English OR GCSE Grade C or above.
- MUST love dogs
- Able to work on own initiative and also within a team
- Able to adapt to any situation
- A quick learner and a willingness to learn.
- Hard working
- Kind and caring
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
Reality check: You must be able to get to work via public transport or via car – Please check before applying for the vacancy. If you can drive and have your own vehicle this would be advantageous.
You will be required to work to the terms and conditions of your contract. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to grow with this company.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the link below: