The Engineering Academy has specialist resources that gives students the technical knowledge and work-based skills in addition to academic qualifications, providing a head start for a career in Engineering or further study.
Our state of the art brand new workshop facilities which opened in December 2014, aims to inspire and nurture young people to be skilled and enterprising professionals with the academic, personal and practical skills to enter careers in this sector. It provides a work-related environment focusing on skills relating to business awareness, teamwork, project management and employability, which will be at the heart of the curriculum. Every student is encouraged to focus positively and practically on his or her future.
Our new facilities include:
- Electrical workshop with real installation bays
- Welding workshop with MIG, TIG, MMA and sheet metal work capabilities
- Motor vehicle workshop with six ramp systems, MOT capabilities and diagnostic equipment for both light vehicles and heavy vehicles
- Plumbing workshop with purpose build gas assessment center and solar thermal equipment
- Mechanical engineering workshop with CNC milling and turning facilities, 3D printing, conventional lathes and milling machines
- Design center with Industry standard AutoCAD, Inventor and Master CAM software
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration workshop
Engineering is high-growth sector that is critical to the success of the region. The Engineering Academy, with its specialist approach, is intended to support both young people and local employers in developing this vital growth area in the region.
Our apprenticeship programmers are designed to meet local employers and the wider community. We deliver apprenticeship programmer to a number of employer's including Merit Process Engineering, Hadrian Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Homes 4 Northumberland, Techflow Technology and Barrington Metalworks
If you are considering to start your career in Engineering or already working in the sector and want to update your skills, we have courses suitable for all.
We deliver high quality full time, part time, evening classes and Apprenticeships in Mechanical Engineering, Motor Vehicle Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Welding & Fabrication, Plumbing & Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
We also deliver HNC in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering