Higher Education (HE) Loans
Here at Northumberland College our higher education tuition fees
will be £6,000 per year for UK and EU residents starting a
full-time Foundation Degree, HNC or HND course in 2016/2017.
Tuition fees for part-time Foundation Degree, HNC and HND
courses starting in 2016/17 will be £3,600 per year.
Remember with an HE loan:
- There are no up-front costs, you may apply to the Student Loans
- You will not start to make any repayments on your loan until
you earn over £21,000 a year.
- If your income falls below £21,000, your repayments will
- The repayment rate is 9% of your income, above the first
£21,000, so the amount you repay could be as little as £30 per
- Any outstanding balance is written off after 30 years.
- You will start to repay your HE loan in the year after you
finish studying or after three years from the start of your course,
whichever is earlier, if you are earning more than £21,000.
Just call our Help Hub who can advise you on 01670 841 200 or
Deadline dates to apply for an HE loan are posted on the
Student Loan Company